Darla Daisies Loyalty Program & Tracking Form

Darla Hutt-Watson

My photo
Weaverville, CA, United States
Hi there! I'm Darla and I live in BEAUTIFUL Northern California! I am a mother of seven terrific kids and have been married to my husband for 32 years. I have been a Stampin' Up Demonstrator since 2010 and love ALL THINGS paper crafting. I also have a scrapbooking retreat business called Scrap Happens Retreats. I love teaching and learning new techniques, sharing ideas, hosting my retreats, being a wife and a mom. Hiking, bicycling, gardening and cooking are a few of my other hobbies. I'm living for Jesus and LOVIN' LIFE!!

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Tree Rings & Daisies

Good Morning everyone! I got home yesterday just for a moment and am heading to Modesto to sign the papers on the sale of my mom and dads house! I'm so happy, but surprisingly a little saddened to be finishing things up with the estate. My vacation was INCREDIBLE! We rented a BEAUTIFUL home right on Lake Almanor...helped my son move to Chester, celebrated our 28th anniversary and his 24th birthday! We rode our bikes and went kayaking every day...it was AMAZING! I can't wait until my husband retires!!!

Today's card was the fourth and final project for my July classes. Our new Daisy Punch is pretty terrific! 

My card base is Whisper White and the first layer is Basic Black with the top layer of Whisper White card stock stamped with the Tree Rings background stamp. I inked up the stamp with Crushed Curry and Pumpkin Pie ink, laid the card stock on top of the stamp and rolled my brayer over it to stamp it neatly. When I can't find my brayer I just rub my fingers over the card stock, but my fingers get a bit messy! After stamping, I used my daubers to add just a bit of color to the background...a little Crushed Curry and a little Pumpkin Pie! I used my 2" Circle Punch for my Pumpkin Pie circle, ran it through the Pinewood Planks embossing folder and adhered it to the Tree Rings image. Next I punched two Daisies using that VERY POPULAR and NOW AVAILABLE Daisy punch, in Thick Whisper White card stock. I used my Bone Folder to curl the petals under and attached my daisy just over the embossed circle with a dimensional. The Crushed Curry center is punched with the 3/4" circle punch and embossed with the Softly Falling embossing folder. In class we used the Lemon Builder punch for the leaves, but for this card I used the Eclectic Layers Thinlits. 

For the inside of the card I stamped the Tree Rings in the top right corner, again in Crushed Curry and Pumpkin Pie and used my daubers to add more of those same colors. I matted that stamped piece of Whisper White card stock to a piece of Crushed Curry card stock and then to the inside of my card base. Super simple, but a bit of charm!

I LOVE this background stamp and there are some other FANTASTIC background stamps I plan on demoing soon! I hope you'll follow along for lots more inspiration!

Thanks BUNCHES for stopping by! I'll be back tomorrow with MORE INSPIRATION!!

~Today's Thought~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments....they are always such an encouragement!

3D Thursday - Flowering Zinnia Seed Packet

Hello everyone!  Welcome to another 3D Thursday project!  I am the designer this week and in honor of spring (although snow is a possibility...