Darla Daisies Loyalty Program & Tracking Form

Darla Hutt-Watson

My photo
Weaverville, CA, United States
Hi there! I'm Darla and I live in BEAUTIFUL Northern California! I am a mother of seven terrific kids and have been married to my husband for 32 years. I have been a Stampin' Up Demonstrator since 2010 and love ALL THINGS paper crafting. I also have a scrapbooking retreat business called Scrap Happens Retreats. I love teaching and learning new techniques, sharing ideas, hosting my retreats, being a wife and a mom. Hiking, bicycling, gardening and cooking are a few of my other hobbies. I'm living for Jesus and LOVIN' LIFE!!

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Trust God Easel Card

Good morning!  I did it!  I posted before I left to go down the mountain to do our back-to-school clothes shopping!  I hope I don't have to wait for hours in road work!!!  Blessings to you this Wednesday morning....have a WONDERFUL day!

I'm back with another easel card and instructions for you.  I hope you'll give it a try!
For today's project I wanted something that I could just sit on my desk on window seal. Something with inspiring words and that is beautiful to look at.  I believe I accomplished it!  

I chose my favorite color combination...Bermuda Bay, Old Olive, Basic Black and Very Vanilla.  I added a new favorite color to the pack...Perfect Plum.  



I love the Timeless Elegance designer paper and used it as a layer on my project.

The stamp sets I used are Trust God, Butterfly Basics and Awesomely Artistic. These are all FANTASTIC stamp sets with SO MANY POSSIBILITIES! I also stamped the piece of Very Vanilla cardstock using my stamp block by coloring it with Bermuda Bay marker and spritzing with water, then just using my Old Olive marker on the stamp block to color the two left corners. Here are a couple of close up photos!
Now...let me show you how I made the card base.
First you need a piece of 8 1/2" X 5 1/2" cardstock.  I used Basic Black. You'll also need your Simply Scored board.
Place you 8 1/2" X 5 1/2" piece of cardstock landscape on your board.
Score at the 4 1/4" mark.
Turn your cardstock counterclockwise and score at the 2 1/2" mark....only down to the score mark you just scored at the 4 1/4" mark.
Turn back to the landscape position and score at the 6 3/8" mark....only down to the score you just made at the 2 1/2" mark. (mine is a bit messy...but I didn't worry about it because it won't show).
Last cut the unscored corner away from the card and use that piece for the base piece that I added the sentiment to.  You have to trim it down to 2  1/2" X 4 1/4".

Fold at the scorelines to make a tent...that is where you will adhere the sentiment.  You will hold it in place with a butterfly.

Then measurements for the mats for the sentiment are:

Bermuda Bay - 2 1/4" X 4" and Very Vanilla 2" X 3 3/4"

The measurements for the Base of the card are:

Bermuda Bay 4" X 5 1/4" and Designer Paper 3 3/4" X 5"

I used my faithful Bitty Butterfly punch to add a few small butterflies in Perfect Plum.  Isn't that a GREAT addition to this FUN color combination!  I also cut another butterfly using the Bold Butterfly framelit (Perfect Plum) and Butterflies thinlit to cut one more (Basic Black).  That's it  Pretty simple don't you think?

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you are inspired to try something new!

~Today's Thought~
(because it's time to start school again)

Dan Rather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments....they are always such an encouragement!

3D Thursday - Flowering Zinnia Seed Packet

Hello everyone!  Welcome to another 3D Thursday project!  I am the designer this week and in honor of spring (although snow is a possibility...