Darla Daisies Loyalty Program & Tracking Form

Darla Hutt-Watson

My photo
Weaverville, CA, United States
Hi there! I'm Darla and I live in BEAUTIFUL Northern California! I am a mother of seven terrific kids and have been married to my husband for 32 years. I have been a Stampin' Up Demonstrator since 2010 and love ALL THINGS paper crafting. I also have a scrapbooking retreat business called Scrap Happens Retreats. I love teaching and learning new techniques, sharing ideas, hosting my retreats, being a wife and a mom. Hiking, bicycling, gardening and cooking are a few of my other hobbies. I'm living for Jesus and LOVIN' LIFE!!

Monday, November 3, 2014

Christmas Tree Curvy Keepsake Box and more!

Good morning!  It's a bit chilly in my little mountain town...but I LOVE IT!!!  I hope you had a wonderful weekend!  I had a really busy one!  We spent Saturday in Redding at my son's soccer game and then grocery shopping afterward....the town, the stores and the restaurants were CRAZY BUSY!  I was really glad to get back home...it's always amazing to me how acclimated I have become to less traffic....everywhere!  Sunday we spent burning brush after trimming our trees....several pines and a couple of oaks...it looks so nice now!

I did find time to create though!  I've really been wanting to do a Christmas tree and gingerbread house Curvy Keepsake box...and I did!

Here is my Christmas tree.  I cut the Curvy Keepsake box in Mossy Meadow, put it together and the cut to more pieces...of just this side in Mossy Meadow designer paper and cut the bottom edge with the Scallop border punch and embellished the edges with Dazzling Diamonds.  I colored the rhinestones with my Blendabilities, added a few Nordic designer buttons and a All Is Calm Snowflake to the top of the tree.  I just cut a rectangle piece of Crumb Cake cardstock for the trunk...ran it through my Big Shot with the Woodgrain embossing folder and inked it with Early Espresso.   I'm really happy with how it turned out!  I hope you like it too.

I have wanted make a ginger bread house...but when I showed this to my nine year old daughter she said, "mom...it's the wrong color....that's not what a ginger bread house looks like!"  She added...it's really cute though!  So very diplomatic of her!

I guess this might be a little more Hansel and Gretel-ish!

 

Here is my new gingerbread house.  It's the right color!  She was so excited when I showed it to her!   "That's it mom...I LOVE it!" I had a hard time getting the roof right...the first one...I just wadded up and threw it away.  

Well...I'm headed out to my workshop...I had forgotten that we moved my Monday class to today because next Monday and Tuesday are no school days....so a few gals will be gone!  Because I had forgotten we had moved it up...I am not ready...so I MUST go get ready!

It seems like I am always flying by the seat of my pants! 

  I have lots to share with you this week though
...so be sure to come back an visit!!!

HAVE A HAPPY DAY!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments....they are always such an encouragement!

3D Thursday - Flowering Zinnia Seed Packet

Hello everyone!  Welcome to another 3D Thursday project!  I am the designer this week and in honor of spring (although snow is a possibility...