Darla Daisies Loyalty Program & Tracking Form

Darla Hutt-Watson

My photo
Weaverville, CA, United States
Hi there! I'm Darla and I live in BEAUTIFUL Northern California! I am a mother of seven terrific kids and have been married to my husband for 32 years. I have been a Stampin' Up Demonstrator since 2010 and love ALL THINGS paper crafting. I also have a scrapbooking retreat business called Scrap Happens Retreats. I love teaching and learning new techniques, sharing ideas, hosting my retreats, being a wife and a mom. Hiking, bicycling, gardening and cooking are a few of my other hobbies. I'm living for Jesus and LOVIN' LIFE!!

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Watermelon Basket for WATERMELON WEEK

Today's project is an adorable little watermelon basket!  I took the time to figure out how to bring it all together last night and I LOVE how it turned out! I think it would be so cute filled with pink and green JELLY BELLIES...when I go down the mountain I'm gonna grab some....

The colors I used are Strawberry Slush, Pistachio Pudding, Almost Artichoke, So Saffron, Whisper White and Early Espresso!  I made a basic box 4 1/2" x 5 1/2" and scored it in the landscape position at 1 1/2" and 4", turned it to the portrait position and scored it at 1 1/2" and 3".  The watermelon slices cover the box and were made using the three largest circles in the Circle framelit collection.  The flowers were made with the Boho Blossom Punch, the greenery was made with the Bird Builder Punch and the seeds were made with the heart on the Owl Builder Punch.




A close up of the flowers shows two watermelon blossoms and a sunflower!  I LOVE sunflowers and watermelons together so I just had to add one...it just SHOUTS SUMMER!









The sentiment is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.  I love how the Thick Bakers Twine frays!  I tied a little bow of Linen Thread to finish it off.  Those little details add a lot...but not to much!


DID YOU KNOW? 

         A watermelon is 92% water?



Watermelon...Healthy & Delicious. Every Day.
DON'T FORGET......If you spend $50.00 (before tax and shipping) at my online store.....you can pick three of this weeks projects (all the same or all different...any combo of three) and I will pop them in the mail them to you 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments....they are always such an encouragement!

Let's Chat & Most Adored Tutorials

Hello there! Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Holy cow...I'm still exhausted! I'm heading out for my walk now though and hopin...